1. What you need to get started
Before using IFTTT to control your smart devices, make sure you meet the following conditions.
1) Stable Wi-Fi network which could access to IFTTT server.
2) A device, which could use IFTTT service, including computer or mobile device.
3) An IFTTT account, could be replaced by Facebook account or Google account.
4) Smart Life app and a related account.
5) Smart devices, could be control by IFTTT service.
2. Add devices in Smart Life app (Refer to App Instruction)
2.1 Download Smart Life app (Refer to App Instruction)
2.2 Register a Smart life account and sign in the app (Refer to App Instruction)
2.3 Add device and change device's name (Refer to App Instruction)
Sign in with the Smart Life account, add the device, then change device name to an easily recognized word or phrase, like "bedroom light".
3. Set up IFTTT and enable Smart Life Skill
User can configure IFTTT through web or app. We take app configuration as an example in this guide.
Web: https://ifttt.com/discover (Configuration through web is basically the same as app)
App: Search "IFTTT" in App Store or Google Play to install the app.
3.1 Sign in IFTTT app
You can skip this part if you have signed in IFTTT app.
1. Open the IFTTT app by tapping the app icon on your mobile device.
2. Type in your IFTTT account and password, then tap "Sign in". IFTTT account could be replaced by Facebook’s account or Google’s account.
3. When you sign in IFTTT app successfully, the display in the app is shown as below.
3.2 Link Smart Life account to IFTTT
You can skip this part if you have linked Smart Life account to IFTTT.
1. Click on the search symbol in the right corner of the "Discover" page, then enter "Smart Life" in the search box, select the "Smart Life" option, and tap "Connect" to enable Smart Life.
2. In the new page, select the country/region where your account belongs to, type in your Smart Life account and password. Then tap "Link Now" to link your Smart Life account. You can check it in the "Services" of "My Applet".
4. Control your smart devices through IFTTT’s Applet
4.1 Create "this" to configure the trigger
1. Click "+" in the top right of the "My Applets" page to establish a new Applet. (Applet stands for a full process with condition & task)
2. Tap "this" to add a condition in the new page, and then enter "Smart Life" in the search box, select the "Smart Life" option.
3. Select detail trigger in Smart Life, choose the corresponding equipment, and tap the "Create trigger" to save this condition.
*Here is the example of "turn on the plug", see the pictures as below.
4.2 Create "that" to configure the task
1. Tap "that" to add a task, and then enter "Smart Life" in the search box, select the "Smart Life" option.
2. Select detail action in Smart Life, choose the corresponding equipment, and then tap the "Create action" to save this task.
*Here is the example of "turn on bedroom light"
3. Tap "Finish" to complete the creation of this Applet, and it will be saved automatically. You can check it in the "All" of "My Applet".
When we turn on the plug (trigger condition), the bedroom light will be turned on automatically (to perform the task).
Note: You can also select other service as the condition for "this" and as the task for "that", not just "Smart Life".
For example, take the location service "Location" in the figure as an example, set it as the trigger condition this, set the mail service "Email" as the execution task. when entering a certain area, send me an email.